Clear all

Is Forum too "Web 1.0"?

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Dave Jensen
(@davejensencareertrax-com)
Topic starter  

Forums are sometimes seen as a thing of the past -- but then, people come here and they see the value of the archive and so on. Still, I'd love to have something to supplement the discussion forum. But I can't think of anything that serves quite the same purpose as this in the newer, Web. 2.0 style of application.

What do readers suggest would supplement or enhance the Forum and take it more into the world of Web 2.0?

Dave Jensen, Founder and Moderator

Bio Careers Forum

Dave Jensen
(@davejensencareertrax-com)
Topic starter  

The forum is used by people looking for advice, but I would say that most people are hesitant to write redundant pieces of advice. I think that may lead to a situation where one isn’t sure if the advice offered is commonly accepted wisdom or just one person’s opinion. To help with that, a like/dislike button, or perhaps an agree or disagree button would be useful. Doubly so if people didn’t have to sign in to agree or disagree. That way, you could increase your total number of contributing members without having more people pass the sign-up hurdle.

Thanks HLF. Good comments, and I would love the "Like/Dislike" button. We'll see if that can be accommodated.

The biggest issue we have on sign-up's is that people don't use our naming conventions. The last thing in the world you want to do is take advice from someone calling themselves Doctor Doom or some such name (that's one username I had to change recently!).

Dave

Bio Careers Forum

ReplyQuote
Share: