Plant Breeding: An in-demand career option you may not have considered

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
14.9 K Views
Dave Jensen
(@davejensencareertrax-com)
Topic starter  

See the interesting video below -- I can agree with the producers of this film that this is a very solid career choice with many challenges and the opportunity (as exciting as the moon shot decades ago) to feed nearly 10 Billion people in just a few years.

Dave Jensen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC73GnKFGt0

Dave Jensen, Founder and Moderator
Bio Careers Forum

DX
 DX
(@dx)
Estimable Member

No one commented here - so I'll give my two Cents.

If I went back in time and to decide on doing a PhD again - first I wouldn't. Second if I did, it would be in Agriculture.

When I was home in the US I use to watch RFD-TV, a farming channel it was quite amazed of the high science surrounding farming - i'm talking Use of Satellites to map moister and Quality of soil as part of Routine farming with GPS automatic driven tractors and Computer controlled Irrigation and fertizlier Systems etc. etc.

There was a Show called Ag PhD - its a commerical Show but nonetheless hosted by two Ag business guys - its has a high science component to it as was among the first Shows that opened my mind to Agriculture and th amount of science behind it - especially plant breeding. I think the Hosts own a seed Company. Away it a spot to get some insight i think.

To Dave's Point some good and potentially sustainable careers here.

Good luck -

Wishing I was driving a John Deer now on a my own farm.

DX

ReplyQuote
Dave Jensen
(@davejensencareertrax-com)
Topic starter  

Thanks to you DX (like you, I'm a frustrated wanna be ag scientist!) and to ATG for the great comments on this thread.

Dave

Dave Jensen, Founder and Moderator
Bio Careers Forum

ReplyQuote
Share: